Skip to main content
Try Wikispaces Classroom now.
Brand new from Wikispaces.
Pages and Files
Scoring Guide Rubric
Janna 8-17 and Vanessa 8-73
What are fractions?
Fractions show a part of a whole. They can be converted into decimals, ratios, percents.
The have a numerator and a denominator.
The numerator is the top number in a fraction. This shows the part of the whole.
The denominator is the bottom number. This shows the whole.
What kinds of fractions are there?
There is a/an:
A proper fraction is a fraction where the numerator is less than the denominator.
An improper fraction is a fraction where the numerator is larger than the denominator.
A mixed fraction is a fraction that has a whole number and a proper fraction mixed/combined.
Example: 3 3/4
An equivalent fraction is when two or more fractions all equal the same once reduced.
Example: 2/4= 1/2 4/8= 1/2 3/6= 1/2
Can you convert fractions into other types of fractions?
Yes you can, depending on the fraction.
Convert an improper fraction to a mixed fraction:
!Watch the following bubbleshare that will explain these steps below!
1. Take the denominator and see how many times it can go into the numerator.
2. Make that number the whole number.
3. The Numerator then becomes the amount that is left over.
4. The Denominator remains the same.
5. Simplify if possible
is powered by
Add to my blog
Convert a mixed fraction to an improper fraction:
!Watch the following BeBe Video that will explain these steps below!
1. Multiply the denominator by the whole number
2. Add the numerator
3. This number becomes your new numerator
4. The denominator remains the same
5. Don't simplify
What Is it?
The Lowest Common Denominator (also known as the L.C.D) is the Smallest Common Factor of two or more Denominators.
!!!Watch the following BeBe video that will explain these steps below!!!
1. First take the Denominators and write them out in a seperate space on scrap paper.
2. Then write out all of the products that can be made from the numbers in numerical order until you find two that are the same or
Information is accurate
Provides enough information to solve needed questions
Does extra to enhance the background information
You want to stay and browse this site
The extra on this site teaches you about fractions
Just enough effort
Above and beyond the call of duty
out of 30
Marked By Janna K.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"